47-Point Home Prep Checklist
Are You Ready to Sell?
There is no doubt that selling your home can be an overwhelming process. But like any major transition, proper planning is your key to an easy and stress-free move. Whether you are planning on moving to a larger home, or relocating for an exciting new opportunity, the sale of your home is an essential step in your transition to the next phase in your life.
Not sure where to begin? We have a complete 47 Step Check List to Prepare You to Sell Your Home. Use these tips to get organized and showcase your home to look its absolute best. Not only will this guideline help you prioritize everything that needs to be done, but it will help you earn top dollar for your property.
Here is where you can begin:
- Open the draperies, pull up the shades, and let in the sunlight.
- Create a positive mood. Turn on all lights, day or night, and install higher wattage light bulbs to show your home brightly.
- Remove clutter from each room to visually enlarge them.
- If you have a fireplace, highlight it in your decorating.
- Keep your home dusted and vacuumed at all times.
- Replace the carpet if it does not clean up well.
- Have a family “game plan” to get the home in order quickly if necessary.
- Air out your home for one-half hour before showings, if possible.
- Lightly spray the house with air freshener so that it has a chance to diffuse before the buyer arrives.
- Put family photos in storage.
- Improve traffic flow through every room by removing unnecessary furniture.
- Create the feeling of a spacious entry area by using decorative accents and removing unnecessary furniture.
- Putty over and paint any nail holes or other mishaps in the walls.
- Paint all interior walls a neutral colour to brighten the home and make it look bigger.
- Repair or replace any loose or damaged wallpaper.
To reveal the remaining 32 tips, please subscribe here. You will receive the full 47 Point Check List to Prepare You to Sell Your Home. This list covers all areas of the home, including bedrooms, bathrooms, and your outdoor space. Potential buyers will be able to focus on your home’s best features, and your hard work will pay off with a quick and easy sale.